Good news! We still have availability during the December / January holidays.
Book now for Easter to avoid disappointment.
Traditionally people head to the coast over the Christmas and New Year holiday season. Personally, we don’t think the Christmas holidays should be all about the beach! There’s so much to do here in Mudgee and, best of all, we have availability to accept last minute bookings over the holidays.
Are you looking for last-minute caravan park availability over Christmas?
The limit on overseas travel during COVID has seen a surge in local travel throughout NSW and, now with the borders are open, interstate. After a tough start to the year, a resurgence in people holidaying in NSW caravan parks has been a welcome reprieve for everyone here at Mudgee Holiday Park. While we’ve been at capacity for the last few months, we do have availability over the Christmas holidays.
Traditionally, people head to the coast for a classic Aussie holiday at the beach. This year we want to change that! We hear that demand has meant that most caravan parks on the coast are fully booked. We invite you to think outside the square and come to Mudgee for your holiday this year. Rest assured, there’s plenty here to do for holidaymakers of all ages.
Things to do in the school holidays in Mudgee
While our list below is in no way complete, we hope it gives you insight into the diversity and opportunities available when you visit us here in Mudgee.
- Take a wine tour and pick the brains of Australia’s best winemakers. When you visit outside of our peak tourist season, there’s more time to relax into the experience at your pace.
- Surrounded by National Park and reserves, you can get back in touch with nature exploring wetlands teaming with birdlife, discover fascinating geology, Aboriginal heritage, cool gullies and pristine waterways.
- Explore the beautiful heritage villages of Mudgee, Rylstone, Kandos, Gulgong, Capertree and Hill End, where you’ll be in awe of the beautifully restored buildings providing a snapshot into yesteryear.
- Shop up a storm at the regions eclectic boutiques, homeware stores, galleries, antique shops and so much more.
- Get friendly with the locals and enjoy some old fashioned country charm.
- Impress your palate and indulge in the regions produce under a beautiful weeping willow or shady courtyard at one of our local cafes or restaurants.
- It’s not all about the grapes here… Sign up for a farm tour with one of our local beekeepers, nut farms or olive groves.
- Meet local artisans at one of our many art galleries.
- Gain an insight into the rich history of our area with a visit to one of the regions many museums.
We look forward to welcoming you to Mudgee BIG4 Holiday Park.
Our caravan park is set amongst 15 acres of peaceful, secluded and beautifully landscaped grounds and is conveniently located close to the centre of Mudgee town and just a short stroll to the local golf course.
BIG4 Mudgee Holiday Park is the perfect family holiday destination and a great base to explore Mudgee and the surrounding area!
Park facilities include:
- A range of accommodation to suit singles, couples, families and groups holidaying together.
- Large, powered campsites. Whilst these are not classified as “drive-through sites”, they are big enough to stay hooked up.
- Shady and leafy unpowered camping area.
- Large swimming pool with toddler pool.
- Jumping pillow, children’s playground, games room. Board games available.
- BBQ area, picnic tables and well-equipped camp kitchen.
- We are a pet-friendly caravan park (conditions apply)
- Convenience store and kiosk. Ice.